søndag den 2. oktober 2016

Schnittchen Patterns - Sewing Around the World Tour

Today I'm sharing my contribution to Schnittchen's 'Sewing Around the World' tour. I was scheduled for a September post but life and pattern making got in the way.

Some months ago the Schnittchen Girls showed me some line drawings of their AW 2016 collection and I was sold!!! Among the patterns was a dress that just screamed 'Trine, make me!' - and who am I to let down a screaming LBD?! That would be cruel, right?!

Late September the pattern was finally ready to travel from Germany to Denmark - and that Jeannie Dress was sure worth the wait.

'Mr. Draper will see you now'! With a little more boob and butt I'm pretty sure I would make a damn fine Don Draper secretary in this dress. It's got that va-va-voom in a decent way, right?! That neckline combined with the crossover bodice and the fitted skirt - so freakin' elegant, if you ask me.

The pattern is designed for woven fabrics preferably with a little stretch, but Schnittchen also suggests scuba or some other sort of stable knit; a knit with some weight, not too much stretch and great recovery, like this GOTS certified textured double knit from Stofdepotet.

This fabric was indeed perfect for the dress.

The dress is designed with at back vent for walking ease, but because of my fabric choice I omitted that one. The dress is also meant to be zipped at the side seam but again due to my stretchy jersey fabric I could leave out the zipper.

Before sewing I had a feeling that I might have to adjust the fit a teeny tiny bit. So, instead of constructing the dress as a bodice and a skirt joined at the waist seam, I joined the front skirt to the front bodice - and did the same with the back parts - before sewing the side seams of the dress, making it much easier to take in if necessary. I mainly took it in at the arm and bodice area. Not much - just a 1 cm at each side I believe. Furthermore I stitched down the cross front detail because it gaped when I moved. That's about all the changes I made. Very simple ones.

The dress is unlined but you could easily add a lining to the skirt if prefered. The sleeves are beautifully finished with facings. All hems are finished with a blind stitch - I hand stitched the sleeves and machine stitched the skirt hem.

I've got only love for this pattern.

The new collection from Schnittchen will be released on Oct 16 and I promise you it's gorgeous. Perhaps even the best so far imo.

The Jeannie Dress pattern will be available in standard European sizes (34-44) and plus sizes 46-56. Oh, this cut is perfect for plus size girls! Show them hips!

Schnittchen has offered to sponsor 3 patterns for a giveaway - just leave a comment below to enter and I'll announce the three winners on Sunday Oct  9.

Thank you so much, Silke and Co. for having me on this tour

//
UPDATE: Below you'll find the 3 winners

Pernille E (comment no 22)
Anne (comment no 3)
Homemade by Jill (comment no 53)

Send me an email, you lucky girls :-)


  








57 kommentarer:

  1. Oh Yes, I would love to! Since losing some weight I would like to see myself in this...

    Gorgeous.

    SvarSlet
  2. Mr. Draper would be thrilled 👏 Den er virkelig smuk

    SvarSlet
  3. Love it!! Fabulous design and it looks stunning on you !!

    SvarSlet
  4. Den er virkelig smuk. Det er sådan en kjole der ændre udtryk alt efter stoffet.

    SvarSlet
  5. Super elegant. Love that neckline!

    SvarSlet
  6. I love this dress and can really see myself in it! Perfectly balanced. Beautifully made.
    I'd love to win a copy of the pattern (plus size). Thank you

    SvarSlet
  7. Stunning....really beautiful dress. Love the style and love the colour.

    SvarSlet
  8. This dress looks so classic and feminine , it would a magic to win a copy!

    SvarSlet
  9. Sikke et fantastisk mønster!!! Kunne godt forestille mig, at den ville være smuk i quiltet jersey også ����

    SvarSlet
  10. The entire shape is sleek and elegant. I really like the triangle detail on the front bodice. The neckline is great for fall and winter.

    SvarSlet
  11. Åhh krydser finger for mig����

    SvarSlet
  12. So elegant! love that you can make it with knits!

    SvarSlet
  13. Den ligner en kjole lige efter mit hovede. Jeg krydser fingre.

    SvarSlet
  14. Love, love, love that dress on you and the fabric! So elegant.

    SvarSlet
  15. Øj den er smuk! Krydser fingre!!!

    SvarSlet
  16. I think I can hear some screaming as well.. oh wait, that was me :)

    SvarSlet
  17. Beautiful dress and I want that pattern right a way! !!!

    SvarSlet
  18. Oh it's great on you, Trine! That color and silhouette are both super flattering. Love it!

    SvarSlet
  19. Gorgeous! Another pattern to add to the must sew list!

    SvarSlet
  20. Meget smuk dame i en super flot kjole :-)

    SvarSlet
  21. This looks beautiful on you! I love schnittchen patterns and am looking forward to the new collection. Jeannie will be on my shopping list for sure.

    SvarSlet
  22. What a great dress, love it!

    SvarSlet
  23. Pift, hvor er den fed Trine. Den kunne jeg dælme godt tænke mig at springe på at lave, så jeg håber........
    Knus Jeanette Veng

    SvarSlet
  24. That´s a beautiful Dress. I like the pattern and I like the fabric.
    greetings
    monika

    SvarSlet
  25. I love the dress! The wrap front is perfect.

    SvarSlet
  26. The dress is beautiful and you look amazing in that blue color!

    SvarSlet
  27. Beautiful dress. Would love to try this pattern!

    SvarSlet
  28. Lovely dress, I would love to try it. Yours looks amazing.

    SvarSlet
  29. Så flot, selvom jeg nok ville blive nødt til at lave ærmet helt langt - detaljer, detaljer.

    SvarSlet
  30. It looks perfect on you and as always, very good choice of fabric. Very interested in the pattern. With love from Holland. info@studioml.nl

    SvarSlet
  31. Gorgeous! Would love to make it myself, crossing my fingers!

    SvarSlet
  32. Hvor er den kjole smuk til dig - vil gerne selv prøve at sy den! Go søndag

    SvarSlet
  33. Så pæn - både kjole og dig.. Lækkert snit... Kh. Anne

    SvarSlet
  34. Den er så smuk! Og flot stof du har valgt. Den gad jeg godt sy :-)

    SvarSlet
  35. This dress looks fab on you so count me in for the giveaway please.

    SvarSlet
  36. Perfect autumn dress! This company is new to me too so thanks for sharing.

    SvarSlet
  37. The dress looks amazing on you, I would love to win a copy! We all need more va-va-voom!

    SvarSlet
  38. Effortlessly elegant dress, love it!

    SvarSlet
  39. What a stunningly elegant dress, I would love to win a copy - thanks for the giveaway

    SvarSlet
  40. Den er virkelig fin og elegant. Og du ser -som sædvanlig- knald godt ud!!

    SvarSlet
  41. beautiful dress! The neck, sleeves and skirt call it a perfect and modest work dress! love it.

    SvarSlet
  42. Den er virkelig lækker og klæder dig virkelig godt. Jeg ville blive glad helt ind til benet hvis jeg var den heldige at vinde en kopi af mønstret af denne flotte kjole.
    Kram Lykke

    SvarSlet
  43. This is beautiful! Love your fabric choice!

    SvarSlet
  44. I love this dress! It is the perfect cut.

    SvarSlet
  45. This dress is a perfect cold weather dress, especially with this knit fabric. So figure flattering!

    SvarSlet
  46. Mon jeg kan nå at være med? Det er en vildt flot kjole, ville elske at lave sådan til at bruge på arbejdet. God søndag aften til dig.

    SvarSlet
  47. So classy! Very nice skirt length and the neckline is very beautiful! Favric love ��

    SvarSlet