tirsdag den 10. februar 2015

A Marthe for Me

Selfish sewing is the best.

I must admit that it wasn't love at first sight when I first discovered the Marthe pattern (for adults that is). I found it adorable but a little too girlish for me. And as much as I hate to admit it I'm not a girl anymore. I turn forty later this year, guys. There. I wrote it. The big 40. Dammit!

But, a girl woman can change her mind!

I've made the little girl's version several times now and I've fallen more and more in love with this pattern! So much that I couldn't resist the adult version anymore.

I knew that I had to make a couple of changes to make it work for me. The original Marthe blouse is a more cropped/babydoll style. I lengthened the bodice and shortened the sleeves - and I'm (almost) pleased with the result.

You can't see it in these pictures as my issue with this patterns is concentrated at the back neckline area. It doesn't lie flat. It gapes and drops a bit. It seems as if there is too much fabric at the center back bodice. At least it looks that way on me. I don't know if anyone has experienced this problem with the Marthe. I don't usually have these kind of fitting issues with my blouses. (Perhaps I should take a closer look at the pattern. Could be that I have blended two sizes or something like that by mistake).

The fabric is a beautiful sheer dusty blue viscose/polyester from Stofdepotet.

//

En Marthe til mig! 

Jeg har efterhånden syet adskillige Marthe'r i mini størrelse. Nu kom turen til en str. mor.

Jeg har lavet en smule om på mønstret, da jeg synes den oprindelige model var en anelse for lillepiget til denne snart 40 årige kone. Bevares, andre 'voksne' kvinder kan bestemt sagtens bære den kortere udgave. Men, hende her skal altså ha' lidt mere længde på. Som sagt så gjort. Jeg har også kortet ærmerne en smule ift den oprindelige model. 

Jeg er rigtig glad for resultatet. Også selvom den ikke sidder helt super godt bag på mig. I må bare tro det, for det er ikke dokumenteret med fotos. Den gaber og hænger lidt ved halsudskæringen bag. Men, man kan ikke se det, når jeg danser - så det gør jeg bare - danser helt vildt meget i den her Marthe!!

Stoffet er en florlet viscose/polyester blanding fra Stofdepotet. Blød og lækker med det fineste fald. Smuk!






7 kommentarer:

  1. Jeg kan rigtigt godt lide dit stofvalg og din kombination med læderbukserne, som gør at blusen ser mere rock n'roll og ikke det mindste babydoll-agtig ud. Lækkert!

    SvarSlet
  2. well, I am 50 and have some sort of fascination with peplums this year. Love the color and it looks great on you!

    SvarSlet
  3. Ohhhh i love this on you!! Looks so fun to wear and it really does flatter you - I love the colors and the silhouette. Beautiful!

    SvarSlet
  4. I think I know what you mean by dressing like a woman, not a girl. I find it difficult shopping for RTW clothes. I feel either too young or too old for what I see! I think you have adjusted the pattern just right. It looks feminine and sopisticated. Love it in sheer fabric.

    SvarSlet
  5. love the adult version!! the softness and see through fabric really make this look awesome!

    SvarSlet
  6. I absolutely love the version of your Marthe! I only did a mini Marthe for my daughter but about to do one for me. I will have a closer look at the neck line then. Thanks for pointing that out! Did you also change the length of the bottom as well? Did you take your usual size?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much. I did lengthen the bodice quite some. Not the skirt part as I recall it. I think it runs a little large in size so you might want to go down one size.

      Slet